Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2015 Fashionistas denim redhead


Mattel's site calls her Western Chic, although that is nowhere on the box.  She showed up at the same time as Plum Plaid, I went back a few days later and bought her.  I mostly wanted her boots and purse, but if I get the chance, I would like to use some clear blue watercolor to add an upper eyelid shadow to her eye.  All the new Fashionistas are missing that, I think that's why the eyes look flat.  But right now she's in storage, I won't even see her again until September.


The dress is cheap cheap, but the retail is only $1 more than a beach doll.  I guess it's a miracle that it resembles real clothing.  I had a similar dress in 1995, I wore it with Candies hiking boots and it was my favorite.  I don't really have nostalgia for it, I'd never wear a similar one again.  It felt pretty at the time.










2 comments:

Presto said...

Oh, she is pretty! I wonder if she's a skintone match for the Barbie MTM?

MissSpottyJane said...

I don't know, but I have seen photos on Flickr with the head on an old articulated body, so probably.