Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Almost in Monster High Heaven

This is when the flood starts, I guess.  Since Howleen's first edition was an eBay exclusive, this is my first time seeing her.  I'm not really sold on her.  Out of all the strange concepts possible, she's a paler version of Clawdeen with pink hair.  I prefer the face of the Dance Class Howleen, unfortunately the fashion is very bland.
The Music Festival Abbey and Venus showed up.  I really want the swimsuit Venus doll, but those are all still unseen.  Abbey is pretty cute, she's getting better with every release.
Then I saw Clawdeen over at Kroger's.  I'm don't appreciate purple and red together, that's why I have passed on several Frankies.
Back at Walmart, Haunt the Casbah Draculaura, Frankie, and Clawdeen have been hanging around for a few weeks.  These actually look like deluxe edition dolls, have plenty of details and lovely color palettes.  This Frankie has unusually dainty lips.  They all have tinsel hair and chunky facial glitter, which is a shame.




Ghoul's Night Out arrived.  Spectra has a very appealing magenta mixed into her hair, but the eye shape seemed off on all of them.  I can't even care about Lagoona, she's pretty uninspired here.  This one had a seven year itch.
Twyla is one I'm going to wait for later production waves on.  The eyes on most were really tiny and close together.  The few I saw with larger eyes all had smudges, which is a shame.  I like the ethereal color choices for her.
Also on my big wishlist is the Create a Monster Gorgon and Mummy set.  The gorgon had an eye smudge in this set, but the mummy was perfect, it was hard to leave.

I'll finish off my post with some Bratzillas that are on clearance everywhere.  Even at reduced prices, I never can commit to buying one.



No comments: