Friday, July 29, 2016

Saw First Day of School reboot Draculaura and Frankie


I saw two of the new First Day of School Monster High dolls, Frankie and Draculaura.  They didn't come home.  The new heads are even larger than the originals.  The worse a line sells, the bigger the heads get.  When will it end?  On a similar note, the reboot Bratz have disappeared from my regular Walmart.










For comparison, here they are next to the reboot $5 Cheerleader versions, and an original doll from the dwindling older stock.  I think it's pretty decent that the 1st Day and Cheerleader lines have completely different eye prints.  At least, if you don't like one, you might like the other.





3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I find your comment on head size interesting, since the new Ever After High dolls have smaller heads. Who knows what is going on in the design department at Mattel?

MissSpottyJane said...

That is interesting. I wonder if either were deliberate design choices, or just something that happened.

Anderson's All-Purpose said...

I didn't know about the new EAH heads being smaller. Maybe it just looks that way since they're not as flat and round as the 1st wave? I don't own any new ones so I can't compare them.
In general it's an interesting observation, though. The big manga head trend has lasted quite a few years by now...