Monday, December 8, 2014

TaoBao glass eyeball order

I ordered twelve pairs of eyes and miscellaneous sundries.  It's always hard to order eyes, you never know exactly what you'll get.  Sorry for the overcast photos, I've had these for three weeks, and it's been dreary the entire time.  And my camera sucks.

Gray eyes in 16mm, small iris option, by Yuni's House
 Promo Photo:
My Photo:

I got the last pair with the small iris option.  The threading isn't very noticeable in person, but it's better than nothing.  Here they are compared to Hand Glass 14mm in Light Thorne.  The small pupil eyes fill the eye socket well, though they don't have the depth or sparkle of Hand Glass.

Now, flipped sides in the doll, Estella B:


Brown-brown eyes in 16mm by Happy Camille
Promo Photo:

These are gorgeous and subtle in person.  The yellow threading is exquisite, they have an incredible amount of depth.  I wish this company made more colors, the only other is a demon rabbit pink-red.  My Photos:


Green eyes in 16mm, small iris option, by Mao Doll
Promo Photos:

These are also lovely.  The threading looks natural and alive, I generally prefer this over the spiral type.  I bought these for Estella, but maybe I like large irises for her.  My Photos:





5 pairs of MumuBJD glass eyes, in 16mm.  I requested small irises for the two pairs on the right. 

None arrived with small irises.  It's frustrating.  They're still all lovely.

The pair in the upper right, also the pair I wanted the very most, doesn't really look like the promo picture.  The pupil is flat black with a blue outer ring.  One eyeball also had irregularities in the whites.  The photos are more forgiving than real life.






The metallic blue pair turned out to be turquoise-gray.  I prefer the purple metallic pair, which also looks closer to the promo pic.  Both pupils are dark blue, almost black.



The blue-blue-blue pair is lovely.  The iris is a lighter blue on one side, and the dark blue pupil casts a subtle blue shadow inside the eye.








The middle pair is stunning.  The dome is extra high, the interior is beautifully distorted, the details shimmer around inside like a mirage.  The pupil on one is off center, but I don't care.  I can twist it around in the head.





Continued...

No comments: