Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The dirt goes on.

I already posted about John Smith a few weeks ago. Despite never being played with, and escaping most of the outright filth, time wasn't kind to their costumes. The foil coated faux suede fared worst of all.

These were the last dolls I ever actively wanted for Christmas. On past Christmases, I got Snow White and Cinderella, then several Little Mermaids, Beauty and her beast, Aladdin and Jasmine, and then the Lion King broke my doll collecting streak. Even as a tween, I realized the Disney Pocahontas movie was an awkward treatment of history, but the dolls were too pretty to pass up. Maybe there was an element of complete-ism, too.

Nobody could ever find me a Colors of the Wind Nakoma, and we looked in three different states. I guess I could buy her now. Or not.




No comments: