Monday, January 5, 2015

BJD Loot part 1: 3 Eyeball Grab Bags

I ordered some glass eye grab bags from Alice's Collections.  I don't know if they're all supposed to be B grade goods, most were a little asymmetrical in some way, but none were so bad they couldn't be used in some kind of doll.  I kept the colors I wanted and tossed the rest on eBay.

14mm Bag #1:


14mm Bag #2:

16mm Bag:

These are the ones I kept.  I especially like the spiral blue pair and the glittery green ones.  I don't think either are available on the usual websites or eBay, so they were a complete surprise.



Here are three pairs I really considered keeping, but I just don't have a doll for them.


The lovely pale blue pair has a spiral of fine white threading, they were so similar to the colored spiral pair that I didn't need both.


It was a great and inexpensive way to sample colors and learn what I don't like.  I don't think I'll do it again, at least not for a while.  The 14mm bags had too many duplicates and similar colors.

No comments: