Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 Birthday Wishes Barbie


 She's my first quarter BC club purchase.  I almost passed on signing up this year, but I do want some more of the university cheer leader dolls.  I grabbed her because I like the doll and the dress, however, the dress is a bit disappointing in person.  The scalloped trim on the bodice is the bottom portion of a larger piece of lace, that was crudely sliced off and applied with the raw edge sticking up. It was only added to the front after the dress was fully constructed, so where the ends should be tucked into the side seam, it's just hanging out.  The other materials are OK, I may pluck the lace off.


But enough about the dress, the doll is adorable.  The eyes aren't quite as big as the '90s era dolls, but they're the biggest eyes I've seen on the modern style Mackie faces.  The promo photos show them as blue, but they're a light teal green.

I haven't opened the box yet, it's one of those smaller, lightweight boxes, like the 2012 Holiday doll has.




2 comments:

Dailey_Star said...

I'm sorry about the trim but her face makes up for it, so cute!

Dollz4Moi said...

I tried to like this doll but everyone I saw had issues. I'm a redresser so the outfit doesn't throw me. Was there a AA version? I may need a great sale to get one..hmm